- Raminder is a UK-trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, with a special interest in surgery of the Upper Limb.
- He is a General Medical Council (GMC) Registered Medical Practioner.
- Raminder has completed his Specialist Training receiving Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in the UK in April 2006.
- He is on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register.
- He strongly believes in Evidence-based treatment for all conditions.
- Raminder monitors his surgical results. His readmission rates are lower than the national average
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Spire Yale Hospital, Wrexham, United Kingdom.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Wrexham Maelor Hospital, Wrexham, United Kingdom.
- Honorary Clinical Teacher, Cardiff University
|Mr Raminder Singh|
Surgical and Clinical Responsibilities
- I am presently in full-time National Health Service (NHS) employment and part-time private practice in the north-west of the United Kingdom.
- I specialise in Upper Limb and Peripheral Nerve Surgery i.e. surgery of the Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hand and Peripheral Nerves.
- I routinely perform Shoulder Arthroscopic surgery for Shoulder, Impingement, Rotator Cuff tears, Instability and Stiffness. I also perform Shoulder Arthroplasty. I also treat proximal humerus and other upper limb injuries.
- I treat all elbow conditions regularly performing Elbow Arthroscopic procedures and Elbow Arthroplasty.
- Sixty to Seventy percent of my practice is Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
- I treat wrist fractures and their sequelae. I also perform Wrist Arthroscopic procedures and treat Carpal Instability. I also treat Hand Injuries, Scaphoid Fractures and Dupuytren’s disease.
- I undertake operations for Nerve Injuries, Nerve Compression Syndromes and Brachial Plexus Injuries.
- I undertake, on average, four Out-patients clinics a week. During these I see patients with Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hand and Peripheral Nerve problems.
- I participate in on-call rota for all orthopaedic trauma. When on-call I manage patients with injuries to the Upper Limb, Lower Limb and Spine.
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training, 2006.
- Full General Medical Council Registration Number 4492403
- FRCS (Tr. and Orth.), November 2001 Intercollegiate Board, Royal College of Surgeons, United Kingdom
- Diplomate National Board (Orthopaedics) June 1994 National Academy of Medical Sciences. Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India.
- Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics (M.S.) December 1993 Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- M.B.B.S., March 1991 Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Membership of Learned Societies
- I am a Member of the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA).
- I am a Member of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS).
- I am a Member of the Medical Protection Society (MPS).
- I am a Member of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH).
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Best Poster – Welsh Orthopaedic Society Meeting 2012. The Surgical Treatment of Post-surgical and Post-traumatic Neuropathic pain.
- Best Paper presented at the British Society for Surgery of the Hand Autumn Meeting 2004. ‘Ligament attachments to the Scaphoid Bone: A study in 32 Cadaver Wrists.’ M Roberts, R Singh, J Compson, S Hall.
- Best Poster, ‘‘Arthroscopy of the Pisotriquetral Joint through Standard Portals’. A Arya, R Kulshreshtha, G Kakarala, S Reddy, R Singh and J Compson. Presented at Southeast Thames Orthopaedic Meeting, April 2006.
- Second Prize Poster, ‘The Anatomy of the Distal Biceps Tendon and its insertion’. R Singh, R Kulshreshtha, J Sinha and S Hall. Presented at Southeast Thames Orthopaedic Meeting, April 2006.
- I successfully completed the Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Course at King’s College Hospital, in April 2004.
- I received a Gold medal in Orthopaedic-radiology, at the Annual Meeting of the UP Chapter of the Indian Orthopaedic Association, 1993.
- I was awarded the Best Intern prize for commendable rural work, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, 1990.
- I received the Late Dr. D.J. Mukherjee prize from the Varanasi Chapter of the Indian Medical Association. 1990.